Back to Recipe Search
Asian Beef Skewers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours or overnight
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 40 appetizers
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands® Sesame Seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 pounds beef top round steak (1-inch thick), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Stir corn starch, soy sauce,corn syrup, oil, sesame seed, garlic, pepper and ginger in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish until smooth. Add beef and green onions; toss to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade. Place beef cubes on broilerrack.
- Broil 6 inches from source of heat, turning occasionally andbrushing with reserved marinade, 6 to 8 minutes or until meat isbrowned on all sides.
- Serve with cocktail picks.