Back to Recipe Search
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Canned sweet potatoes make this recipe super easy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 can (29 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups minature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a shallow 1-1/2 to 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour evenly over sweet potatoes; stir gently to coat.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with marshmallows and return to the oven until marshmallows are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.