Back to Recipe Search
Caramel Glazed Apple Pie
Traditional apple pie with a luscious caramel topping.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 55 to 65 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Pastry for double crust pie
- 8 cups peeled and sliced cooking apples (about 4 to 6 large)
- 1/3 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
Fit one pie crust into bottom of 9-inch pie pan. Add apples. Combine corn syrup, butter, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Pour over apples. Top with second crust, fold edges under, seal and flute.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until crust is browned and apples are tender. Combine all Caramel Glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Dollop over pie and carefully spread over crust. Bake 10 minutes or until topping is bubbly.
Recipe Tip: Place a shallow pan under pie to catch any drips.