Back to Recipe Search
Chewy Chocolate Granola Bars
Make your own!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 16 bars
- 2-1/2 cups quick OR old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ, optional
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together cereals, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips and wheat germ in a large bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, corn syrup and brown sugar in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract until well blended and smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. Spoon into prepared pan. Press down firmly. Let stand for an hour; cut into bars.