Back to Recipe Search
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Creamy and delicious.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 batch frosts and fills 1 (9-inch) 2-layer cake
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 dash salt
- 3-3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup, vanilla and salt in a large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and milk until fluffy, adding additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, as needed, to reach desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cake or cupcakes as desired. (Recipe will frost 24 cupcakes.)