Back to Recipe Search
Glazed Cherry Crumb Cake
This delicious coffee cake starts with a cake mix!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120˚ to 130˚F)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup cold butter OR margarine, cubed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix 2 cups cake mix, flour, undissolved yeast and water in a mixer bowl until well blended. Add eggs. Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Gently spoon both cans of pie filling over top.
- Place remaining cake mix in a small bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Combine powdered sugar, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired consistency for the glaze. Drizzle over warm cake.