Back to Recipe Search
Hot Fudge Sauce Cake
One of our vintage recipes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 to 18 servings
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow OR white cake mix, plus ingredients specified on label
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in double boiler or bowl set over boiling water. Remove from heat; quickly stir in light and dark corn syrup, a little at a time. Stir in milk and vanilla, then sugar; mix well. Pour sauce into lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Spread evenly over bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake batter according to directions on package. Carefully spoon cake batter into prepared pan to completely cover fudge sauce.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cake is well browned and springs back when touched lightly on top. Let stand in pan at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, cut cake into squares and invert each piece onto a serving dish. Spoon additional sauce from the pan over each piece. Serve warm.
- Recipe Note: You may substitute 1 cup Karo Light OR Dark Corn Syrup instead of 1/2 cup of each, if desired.