Back to Recipe Search
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Traditional cookie - soft and chewy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 7 to 10 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1-1/2 cups quick oats (not instant)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Argo® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/3 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, raisins, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk butter, oil, corn syrup, egg and vanilla in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture; stir until blended. (Dough will be stiff)
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (or use a small cookie scoop) onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. (Cookies may appear underbaked in center, but will firm up on cooling. Don't overbake or cookies will be very hard.)
- Cool on baking sheet 1 minute; remove to cool on wire racks.