Back to Recipe Search
Rum Pecan Pie
Rum adds an extra flavor note.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Yield: 8 sevings
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat eggs with a fork or wire whisk in a medium bowl. Add corn starch and mix until well blended.
- Add corn syrup, sugar, rum, butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let pie cool at room temperature on wire rack.