Back to Recipe Search
Sweet Potato Pecan Muffins
Serve with honey butter for a special treat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon Argo® Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (about 1 large potato)
- 3/4 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Vegetable Plus! Oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Spray 12 (2 1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In large bowl mix sweet potato, corn syrup, oil, eggs and vanilla; stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in pecans. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in 400°F oven 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.