Back to Recipe Search
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Casserole
Baking the sweet potatoes gives an extra rich flavor to this casserole.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes + 20 to 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash potatoes and poke each with a paring knife. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes to make handling easier.
- Scoop pulp from potatoes, using a spoon, into mixing bowl. Add in corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Spoon into greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.