Back to Recipe Search
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
A wonderful frosting for any cake or cookies.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 batch frosts and fills 1 (9-inch) 2-layer cake
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Food Coloring - Various Colors, as desired
- Beat butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time as needed, to reach desired spreading consistency. Add food coloring, if desired.
- Recipe will frost 24 cupcakes OR a 2-layer cake (8 or 9-inch) OR a 13 x 9-inch cake.