Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
All your favorite candy flavors in a crisp cookie.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Bake Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Yield: 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup prepared caramel apple dip
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat, butter, sugar and vanilla together in large bowl with electric mixer. Beat in corn syrup and egg yolks. Blend in flour, salt and 1 cup of pecans. If dough seems too soft, cover and chill about 30 to 60 minutes.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a deep, wide indentation in the center of each cookie with your finger or the end of a wooden spoon. (Make this as large as possible, as the indentation will fill in somewhat while baking).
Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Let rest 1 to 2 minutes and then remove to cooling rack. Immediately spoon caramel into cookie centers and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Place chocolate chips in plastic bag and melt in microwave on HIGH until melted, about 45 to 60 seconds. Snip corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over cookies.