Three Nut Caramel Pie
A caramel pie with a twist of orange!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine cream, corn syrup and sugars in a heavy medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and gently boil sauce for 4 minutes until it is slightly thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in orange peel and vanilla. Stir in nuts. Pour into pie crust.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until pie is bubbly and crust is well browned. Cool completely and serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.