Chocolate Espresso Pecan Pie
Chocolate and coffee...a heavenly combination!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon espresso coffee powder OR instant coffee
- 1 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 unbaked, deep-dish pie crust
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine evaporated milk, butter, 1 cup chocolate chips and espresso coffee powder in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, just until chocolate melts. Stir in corn syrup, salt and vanilla extract.
Whisk together eggs and flour in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. Pour into pie crust.
Combine pecans, coconut and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Sprinkle over top of pie.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until pie is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.