Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 60 to 70 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup Karo® Lite Syrup*
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours before serving.
- *NOTE: Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup can also be used in place of Karo® Lite Syrup.
- TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray. If pie crust is over browning, cover edges with foil.
- High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.