Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 65 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- APPLE PIE:
- Pastry for double crust pie
- 8 cups peeled and sliced cooking apples (about 4 to 6 large)
- 1/3 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Argo® OR Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Argo® OR Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fit one pie crust into bottom of 9-1/2 inch deep dish pie pan. Add apples.
- Combine corn syrup, butter, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Pour over apples. Top with second crust, fold edges under, seal and flute. Cut a few slits in top crust to vent.
- Place a shallow pan under pie to catch any drips and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until crust is browned and apples are tender.
- Combine all Caramel Glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Dollop over pie and carefully spread over hot crust. Bake 10 minutes or until topping is bubbly.