Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 50 to 55 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® 100% Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham 2 Extra Servings Pie Crust
- 1 can (21 ounces) Wilderness® OR Comstock® Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 cup whipped topping OR whipped cream
- Combine corn syrup, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and butter to syrup mixture, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture slowly over eggs, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and pecans; mix well. Place pie crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan (for stability). Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 50 minutes, until center of pie is slightly puffed; cool at least 1 hour. To serve, top each slice of pie with about 1/4 cup cherry pie filling and a dollop of whipped topping.