Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 can (16 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Ginger
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust*
- 2/3 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® 100% Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sweet potatoes, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Spread evenly in bottom of pie crust.
- Combine remaining 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in same bowl; stir until well combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 60 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- *To use prepared frozen pie crust: Use 9-inch deep-dish pie crust. Do not thaw. Preheat oven and a cookie sheet. Add filling to frozen crust; bake on cookie sheet.