Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes (approximately)
Chill Time: (cool time) 1 hour
Yield: 2 pounds
- 1-1/2 cups Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 cups heavy OR whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Fine Grind Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Coarse Grind Sea Salt
- Line an 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil (leave a 1-inch overhang on 2 sides) and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine corn syrup, 1 cup cream, milk, sugar and salt in a 4-quart saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking (at a low boil) and stirring occasionally until temperature on candy thermometer reaches 234°F or small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a soft ball which flattens on removal. This will take about 40 minutes.
- Gradually add remaining 1 cup cream in a thin steady stream, stirring constantly. Continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until temperature on candy thermometer reaches 244°F or small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a firm ball which does not flatten on removal. This will take about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. (NOTE: Do NOT scrape side of saucepan.) Place on wire rack and cool 1 hour. Sprinkle top evenly with sea salt.