Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 quarts
- Mazola Pure® Cooking Spray
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter OR margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Spray a large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and place in preheated 250°F oven while preparing caramel.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 5 minutes WITHOUT STIRRING. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. (Mixture will foam)
- Pour syrup mixture over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.