Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 -1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup KaroŽ Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 pound shelled mixed nuts (about 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place butter in 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan and place in oven until melted. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and salt in medium bowl with mixer at medium speed until foamy. Add sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Beat in corn syrup. Stir in nuts, coating well. Pour mixture into prepared pan; spread in a single layer.
- Bake 10 minutes. Stir nuts thoroughly. Return nuts to oven to bake 10 minutes longer; stir and bake 10 minutes more. Remove from oven. Stir for 5 minutes to break up nuts and cool slightly.
- Coat a 30-inch piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Spread nuts on foil and separate with two forks. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.