Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: per batch, 7 to 10 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3-3/4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons Argo® Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mazola Pure® Cooking Spray
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, until light and fluffy. Beat in oil, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Shape dough into 2 balls; wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Roll dough 1/8-inch thick on floured work surface. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes; place on cookie sheets.
OR form dough into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheets. Flatten balls with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes for soft cookies OR 9 to 10 minutes (and golden around edges) for crispy cookies. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on racks. Decorate as desired.